Terms & Conditions:
Our goal is to make you as comfortable as possible with your sea kayaking class or tour. We will do everything we can to help you learn and enjoy this wonderful sport. Because of this, we preffer to keep our events limited to smaller groups, providing a more personal environment for our customers.
The weather will play an important role in any of our tours or classes and an event may be rescheduled because of poor weather or sea conditions. If this happens, you will be notified via email and we will do everything we can to reschedule the event around a date that will work for all persons holding a confirmed reservation.
Sea kayaking does have inherent risks that may present possible dangers to any kayaker.So, we have set rules that we must follow in order that we keep these risk to a minimum. The Sea Kayaker holds the right to refuse any paddler from participating in an event if we feel that person is a risk to themselves or other paddlers'. Please read and understand the Acknowledgment of Risk form prior to booking your event.
By Phone:To book your sea kayak instruction or guided tour you can contact us at: 770-924-6797 or 800-595-3286.
Online: Once you find a kayaking class or guided tour you wish to book, just click on the Book this Tour / Class link. You will be directed to the revervations form. Fill out this form and submit. We will process your information and if there is an availablity you will be asked to send your deposit. Some of our prices have changed, so call us for updates.
Deposits: (release forms must be signed and send in with deposits)
A deposit of 50% of the total event price is required to reserve your spot in any of the events we offer. Your reservation is considered confirmed once we receive your deposit. A confirmation will be sent to you via email, as well as other information you will need concerning the event. This information will include directions to the event and what you should bring with you in order to fully enjoy your kayaking adventure.
For kayaking classes and day tours in the Metro Atlanta area, depostis are required 15 days prior to class. For tours requiring booking of camp sites, Sapelo Island tours or accommodations at the Lake Jocassee Villa , deposits may be required 45 to 90 days prior to the launch date.**
For tours and private instruction outside the Atlanta area, final payments are due 15 days prior to the event. For tours and private instruction in the Atlanta area, final payments are due 7 days prior to the event. If payment can not be made at that time, The Sea Kayaker holds the right to cancel your reservation and retain all deposits.
Forms of Payment:
We now accept payments with Pay Pal. We also accept cash, checks or money orders.
For payments through Pay Pal, just let us know and we will give you the information you need for payment.
If paying by check or money order, please make payments payable to: Tony Kramer
The Sea Kayaker
attn: Tony Kramer
503 River Place
Cancellations: For all guided tours, we recommend the purchase of a travel insurance plan. Compare the benefits of the insurance protection against the cancellation fee. The following, per person, cancellation fees will apply based on the number of days, prior to the event date, the cancellation is made:
**For, Jocassee Lake Side Villa Tours, Jocassee Paddlers' Retreats, Sapelo Island Cabretta Wilderness or Reynolds Mansion Tours:
83 or more days: No cancellation fee
82 to 61 days: Forfeit of deposit
75 days is the final registration date
60 to 31 days: 50% of the cost
30 days or less
or no-show at the time of event: 100% of the cost
**For, Edding Point, Horn Island Tours, Mobile Bay Lighthouse and Delta Tours, Jocassee Primitive Camp Tours, Sapelo Tours to Comyam's Campground:
24 or more days: No cancellation fee
15 to 11 days: Forfeit of deposit
14 days is the final registration date
10 days or less or
no-show at the time of event: 100% of the cost.
The following fees will apply to scheduled or private class events:
11 or more days: No cancellation fee
8 to 5 days: Forfeit of deposit
10 days is the final registration date
4 days or less or
no-show at the time of event: 100% of the cost
Bookings made after the final registration date will be charged a fee of $35 per person. So book your event early!
18 and under:
Anyone under the age of 18 must have the Acknowledgement of Risk signed by a parent or registered guardian. We do not offer events for kids under the age of 8.
Custom Group Tours & Classes:
Custom tour or classes are welcome! If you have an kayak expedition you feel you need a qualified guide or kayak instructor for, we will be happy to work out the details and guide your trip.
We offer a discount of 10% for large groups who can provide their own gear and wish to build a custom tour or class.
Acknowledgment of Risk: ( Printable Release Form )
Release and Acknowledgment of Risk
In consideration of the services of THE SEA KAYAKER, its owners, agents, officers volunteers participants, employees, and all other persons or entities acting on its behalf ( hereinafter collectively referred to as TSK), I hereby agree to release and discharge TSK, on behalf of myself, my parent, my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and estate as follows:
1. I acknowledge that sea kayaking, kayak touring, kayak instruction, instruction involving the use of the roll cage, canoeing, camping, hiking and other adventure activities,including traveling into remote areas entails known and unanticipated risks which could result in severe physical or emotional injury, paralysis, death, or damage to myself, to property, or to third parties. I understand that such risks simply cannot be eliminated without compromising the essential qualities of the activity.
These risks include, but are not limited to: capsize, collision with objects or other water craft, exposure to turbulent water, rain and cold, contact with poisonous or injurious plants, venomous and / or aggressive animals, and illness in remote areas where definitive medical care might be delayed. These and other unforeseen risks could result in severe injury or death from hypothermia, accidental drowning, or trauma to skeletal, muscular, nervous, circulatory, respiratory and lymphatic systems. Furthermore, TSK guides and instructors have difficult jobs to perform. They seek safety, but are not infallible. They might be ignorant of a participant’s fitness or abilities. They might misjudge the weather, the elements or the terrain. They may give inadequate warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction.
2. I expressly agree to accept and assume all of the risks existing in this activity. My participation in the activity is purely voluntary, and I elect to participate in spite of the risks.
3. I hereby voluntarily release, forever discharge, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless TSK from any and all claims, demands, or causes of action, which are in any way connected with my participation in this activity or my use of TSK’s equipment or facilities, including any such claims which allege negligent acts or omissions of TSK.
4. I certify that I have insurance to cover any injury or damage I might cause or suffer while participating in this activity, or else I agree to bear the costs of such injury or damage myself.
5. I certify that I have no medical or physical conditions which could interfere with my safety in this activity or else I am willing to assume, and bear the cost of, all risks that may be related, directly or indirectly, by any such condition.
6. I certify that I am not under the care of a practicing physician or doctor for the treatment of a disease or illness which is physical or mental and for which may interfere or cause further harm to myself while participating in sea kayak instruction or while on a guided tour lead by The Sea Kayaker.
7. I certify that I have spoken to all of my practicing physicians and doctors under which I have been giving prior medical care and treatment and stating to them my desire to undertake the sport of sea kayaking and have been cleared by each doctor or physician to continue with the sport.
8. I certify that I am not under the influence of alcohol or medications that may interfere with my judgment or narcotics and will not partake of any alcohol or medications that may interfere with my judgment or narcotics while participating in this activity.
9. I further understand that any agents, owners, officers, employees or volunteers of TSK reserve the right to dismiss me from any activity and/or cancel my reservation for any activity, with out a refund for my deposit or final payment, if the presence of alcohol, mind altering medication or narcotics is found or detected.
10. In the event that I file a lawsuit against TSK, I agree to do so solely in the State of Georgia, and agree that the substantive laws of that state shall apply in that action. I agree to indemnify and hold TSK harmless for all cost and attorney’s fees incurred to enforce this agreement.
In addition I understand that while participating in any TSK event I may be photographed and/or video taped. I understand and agree that the photograph(s) and/or video may be used at anytime by TSK in all forms of media including but not limited to print, video, broadcast, internet use world wide. By signing this waver I authorize any initial and any subsequent disclosure or publication of the photograph(s) and/or video at any time.